Welcome to Classic Lacrosse Club!
As mentioned in a previous tweet and email, the coaches of Cathedral High School have established Classic Lacrosse Club to serve Cathedral students and potential future students.
Our mission at Classic Lacrosse Club is to develop players and allow student-athletes an opportunity to experience the best of Cathedral lacrosse in a fun and positive summer setting. Simply put, Classic Lacrosse Club’s intention is to bring the game back to its roots through high-level coaching and competition.
Our mission is not recruiting based. The coaches of Classic Lacrosse Club will work directly with those players who strive for next-level play and connect them with the appropriate recruiting based summer lacrosse programs.
• Classic Lacrosse Club will field 6 teams in the summer of 2017 (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
• The four high school-level teams will be all Cathedral players – no cuts, no try outs.
• The two rising high-school level teams are open to any player interested in advancing their game; no connection with Cathedral High School is necessary
• Fees $1350 per player, $150 deposit due October 1st with remainder due March 1st (or in three installment payments beginning March 1st through May 1st)
• Each team will be coached by a current or experienced college player, with a Varsity Cathedral Coach as the “assistant” – allowing for appropriate mentor coaching and strong player development
• 10 practices, 2 tournaments per summer – staring the first Monday of June and going through the second week of July – 6 weeks
• All practices will be in the evening at Cathedral High School, tournaments will be one Midwest, one out East (2023 will be two Midwest)
• Any players interested in playing True Indiana, True Indiana has assured Classic Lacrosse Club that there will be no conflicts with any Classic tournaments – players are welcome to play both.
• Classic Lacrosse Club will be happy to assist with players needs to play True National, Titanium Elite, Long Island Sting, or Baltimore Breakers to further their next-level playing needs.
• The Cathedral coaching staff strongly encourages all Cathedral lacrosse players to play Classic Lacrosse in the summer
Please go to the following registration site to register:
Classic Lacrosse Club will hold an informational meeting on Thursday, September 29, 2016, 7 p.m in the Cathedral Cafeteria.
Please contact Andy Gruber 317-698-8523 or Pete Snyder 317-910-5202 (or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. We look forward to summer 2017!